Here’s the Eiersholt 4x mod map for Farming Simulator 19, made by Datalund. The link to the download location is at the end of this showcase.
I think that the Loess Hill Country was one of the most underrated maps of Farming Simulator 17. Now, it has gotten a second chance, thanks to the hard work of Datalund. Eiersholt, which is the name of the FS19 version, looks even more stunning than the original.
The amount of effort gone into making the map as realistic as possible is insane. Just check out how trees, bushes, and other plants blend in naturally, creating beautiful, life-like surroundings for villages, factories, and fields.
The main farmyard has a lot of buildings, like sheds, storage buildings, and animal pens. But it’s also divided into several farmlands. Buildings on farmlands you don’t already own, won’t be accessible until you’ve bought the land their sitting on.
For the Hard-Working Farmer
Eiersholt is a 4x map. It’s excellent for large scale multiplayer farming (note that I haven’t tested the map in multiplayer.) If you plan to play it by yourself, you can get a lot of AI manpower by using Courseplay.
Scattered around the map, you’ll find several smaller forests where you can hone your logging skills.
There are also a couple of areas to the North-West that’s perfect for creating new fields. But be warned – It’ll require a whole lot of work, especially removing all the trees.
Designated Areas for Placeables
Several areas have been made ready for placeable objects. All of them have a great-looking mix of several ground textures, not just one. This is a nice touch more mappers could learn from. The land looks more natural this way.
The map has also been prepared for Seasons 19. I especially like how it uses custom textures for a lot of the vegetation in the Spring and in the Fall.
FS19 Eiersholt 4x Map
I’m impressed with the work of Datalund. He keeps on updating the map, fixing and adding stuff. Many of you already know him from his YouTube channel, where he creates great tutorials for Courseplay, among other videos. Here’s more info about his fantastic map:
- Map Name: Eiersholt.
- Credits: Datalund (main mapper.)
- Map size: Large – 4x.
- Number of fields: 61 fields (there’s 1,082 ha of arable land.)
- Number of buyable farmlands: 99.
- Selling points: 16.
- Additional crops: Alfalfa, rye, millet, clover, and triticale.
I could not find any errors or warnings in the log after spending several hours on Eiersholt. The only tiny detail that caught my eye is that some of the farmyard buildings aren’t 100 % level. But hey, that’s just my mild OCD talking…
Version 126.96.36.199 – Increased Capacities
(Updated September 26, 2019) Datalund keeps improving his glorious Eiersholt map. The 188.8.131.52 update includes a lot of changes and fixes. Here are some examples:
- Many of the silos have an increased capacity, while most of the animal pens have space for more livestock.
- Alfalfa dry is now a separate filltype at the TMR mixer at Eiersholt. And its bale trigger is adjusted, you no longer need to use the bale pusher.
- An issue, where solid manure leaked through the walls of the manure pit, is fixed. Several other minor stuff, like texture issues and floating trees, is fixed as well.
You can read the full changelog inside the 184.108.40.206 folder at the map page (click the blue button under.) And no, you don’t have to start a new gamesave.
Version 220.127.116.11 – New PDA, Animal Pen Extension
(Updated December 21, 2019) Datalund has updated the Eiersholt map. There are a lot of additions and fixes. Here are some of the most important stuff:
- The map now supports the Animal Pen Extension mod, and there’s a new PDA map together with 18 snow missions for everyone playing with Seasons 19.
- There are now 128 terrain angles (it was 32), new textures for Alfalfa, and leveled ground for several of the buildings.
- Sugarcanes and cotton are no longer part of the map. There are also several fixes for bugs like double planted trees, textures errors and problematic heaps.
You can read all about the updated 18.104.22.168 version here. And yes, it requires a new gamesave.
Version 22.214.171.124 – A Huge Update, Lots of Additions
(Updated February 4, 2020) Most importantly, for those of you who have experienced problems with the previous version of the map: The new, 126.96.36.199 version should eliminate those problems.
A lot has changed to the map. The new update is a significant one. Here are some of the additions:
- The map now has further support for the Animal Pen Extension mod, 18 snow missions with Seasons 19, and a new PDA map.
- Other new features are mud, TMR and pig food mixers, and compost as a new material.
Not only has the map been updated with new features. Some old ones have changed, as well:
- There’s an adjustment of the alfalfa dry swath textures, a couple of the main farm buildings have been leveled, and some areas are now easier accessible.
- Collision masks are removed from most shrubs, while much of the foliage textures are optimized to look better with the shifting seasons (Seasons 19.)
- The map has a new snowmask (Seasons 19,) better map boundaries textures, and slightly more relaxed moonlight.
And now, some of the stuff that’s fixed:
- There is no longer a “Too many fruits” error. Manure won’t overflow the pig stable manure pit. And there’s now a water pipe at that same stable, which was missing in previous versions.
- The double planted trees should be gone now. Several .png textures are now .dds. There are also fixes for some door triggers, which make them work with AutoDrive.
- All map textures now being 2048×2048, together with the optimization of all gdm and grle files, should fix previous errors.
All of the above are just some of the many changes, fixes and additions. You can read the full changelog here. (Thanks to VonArens and Datalund for informing me about the new version.)
How to Download
The Eiersholt map is hosted at Google. The button below opens the main folder where you find all the versions of the map so far. You’ll also find lots of extra material, like a sheet with a detailed overview of all the fields and their sizes and changelogs for each version.
We always use the modder’s original download link when possible. Please let us know if there’s a problem with the link. P.S. How to stay safe while downloading mods outside Giants’ Modhub.