This will not come as a big surprise: There will be a Farming Simulator 19. And it will release sometime in the fall, later this year.
The exact release date is still not known, though.
I guess most FS fans are expecting a new game this fall. But it’s always good to get an official confirmation. The confirmation comes from French publisher Focus Home Interactive (FHI), who works with Giants Software in releasing the game.
Improved Graphics Engine
FHI made the confirmation in a press release back in October ’17. The press release didn’t reveal anything about the new game, really, except that the graphics engine has received an update.
The update allows the engine to produce a “near photo-realistic rendering”.
PC and Console
This is what I make of the press release:
- Farming Simulator 19 will release late 2018 (no surprise here).
- It will be released on both PC and console (still no surprise).
- The graphics engine has been improved to “display a near photo-realistic rendering” (it’ll be interesting to see how).
8 million copies
This is perhaps the most interesting part. Because I’ve never seen actual sales numbers for the FS series, until now. Here it is, kind of.
- FHI has helped publish 3 FS titles: FS 13, FS15 and FS17.
- The 3 titles have sold 8 million copies combined.
- There’s no breakdown of the numbers for each game.
It’s my understanding that these numbers don’t include the sales of FS14, FS16, and FS18…
Nothing new really. Just a confirmation that there will be a new game later this year. But I’ll admit I’m a somewhat stoked by the “near photo-realistic rendering” bit…
I think it’s safe to assume we’ll see more of FS19 during E3 (June 12-14). I also expect we’ll learn even more during Giants Sofware’s own event “FarmCon 18” (July 14-15).
P.S. Lisertan (Giants Software Community manager), also confirmed the arrival of a new game in this post on the Farming Simulator Forums recently…
Last Updated on