There are tons of sites, forums, and Facebook Groups about the Farming Simulator games out there. Some are great, some are good, and some are (unfortunately) not good at all.
Below, you’ll find a curated list of the better resources. I believe I’ve covered most of them, meaning if a resource isn’t on the list, it’s not worth your time…
Game Guides – How to Play
Do you need a guide on how to play Farming Simulator? You could visit one of the forums below and just ask other players. You could also visit Gamepressure.com. They have an excellent guide which you’ll find here.
Where to get mods (legit sites)
The sites below are great places to get mods. All sites on the list respect modders, meaning you won’t find stolen mods there. (Some sites require registration before you can start downloading.)
- Giants Software’s official modhub – (Of course)
- FS-UK.com – Tested mods and maps
- American Eagles Modding – Tested mods and maps for fans of North American farming
- PC-SG – Tested mods and maps. Requires membership to download.
- Modding Welt – Has in-house modders
- LS-Modcompany – The home of Kevink98, GtX, Modelleicher, 0maxi0, and several others
- LS Farming-Mods – The official site of Farmer_Andy, SnookieSnu, and Ifko[nator]
- PC-SG.uk – Tested mods and maps
- Stevies’ Mods – Here you’ll find all mods and maps from legendary Stevie
Farming Simulator Forums
- Giants Software’s official Farming Simulator forum – Of course (again)
- FS-UK.com – Very active forum
- American Eagles Modding – For our USA/Canadian friends
- PC-SG – Not as much activity as others. Still worth a visit.
- Farming Simulator on Reddit – Great place to hang out with other farmers.
Modders to follow on Facebook
- Blacksheep Modding
- Ahran Modding
- 4D Modding
- White Bull Modding
- CMT Software
- 3M by Bcbuhler
- Astropolis Modding
- Big Boss Modding
- Custom Modding
- TechMod a.s.
Resources for Farming Simulator Modders
Giants Developer Network is the official site for all Farming Simulator modders. You can download Giants Editor from here. There’s also plenty of scripting documentation and modding tutorials available.
There’s just one thing: You need to register an account to get access. Click here to visit GDN now.
UDIM Texture Guides and Tools
With FS19, Giants used Physically Based Rendering for the first time. This also meant changes for how the models are being textured. Here are some resources for anyone interested.
- Introduction to Giants’ material and texture System UDIM – (by bdbssb)
- FS19 UDIM Textures with Giants Editor – Part 1 / Part 2 (by Seriousmods).
- Material Selector Plugin for Blender 2.79 (by fa285634)
- Maya UDIM Tool for Content Creators (by Wopster)
FS19 Map Making
How to Create a Farm with Giants’ New “Build a Farm” Feature (by Vertex Dezign) – The tutorial is in German. Use DeepL translator to translate – Not Google translate…
- How to create buyable land in Giants Editor 8 – Forum post on FS-UK.
- How to build a navMesh for cows (placeable) – (by ShyWizard)
- Intro to placeable system & triggers – (by ShyWizard)
- How to add selling points – (by ShyWizard)
- How to create fields in FS19 – (by ShyWizard)
I3D Mapping Exporter – by SeanLatimer. If an I3D file has a node tree like the one to the left, it exports mappings like those shown to the right: