How to install FS 19 mods on PCs and Consoles?
Before you can enjoy the many Farming Simulator 19 mods available, you have to install them. Since FS17, Giants has made the whole process conveniently simple.
- Inside the game, make sure you are in the Main Menu.
- Open Modhub.
- Browse the mods.
Once you find one you want to install, click on it and follow the instructions from there. This process applies to both consoles and computers.
Are you on PC? There’s a second option for installing FS19 mods you’ve downloaded from the Internet. Most mods come as Zip files. These files need to go into the game’s mod folder. This is how you do it:
- Locate the Zip files you’ve downloaded. (Most of the time you’ll find it in your computer’s ‘Downloads’ folder.)
- Copy or cut the file.
- Now you need to locate the mods folder. Usually, it’s located here: C:\Users\[Your Username]\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2019\mods
- Open the folder and paste the Zip file.
Sometimes, you’ll come across mods where the Zip file is packed inside another Zip file. Or a Rar file. If this is the case, you’ll need a file extractor, like 7-Zip, to unpack the top-level archive. This gives you access to the compressed file you need to move.
Finally: Remember to check the boxes next to the mods you want to bring to the game before you start a new game or load a gamesave.
Where to Find Mods
There are lots of web sites that let’s you download mods. Should visit all of them? No. Because many of them could potentially harm your computer. Sure, you can download mods. Together with spyware, adware, malware, and other malicious stuff.
There’s really no more than a handful of sites that are safe to use. Here are my go-to places for mods:
- Modhub – By Giants Software (of course.)
- FS-UK – Great mods. Some of them are exclusive.
- Yesmods – Your’s Truly 🙂
You’ll find more mod sites on my Farming Simulator resources page.