The Vehicle Inspector mod has made a welcome comeback to Farming Simulator 19. To those who never have used it, it’s a small script, just under 30 kb. But it does a lot to ease your farming chores.
Well, if there’s only you that are playing, you probably won’t need it.
But as soon as you start using AI workers or Courseplay, it helps a lot. This is what the mod does:
- It shows you all the vehicles that are running. And in many cases, what they are doing.
- If the vehicle is pulling a trailer, you’ll see what the trailer is carrying. And how much.
- When you use hired workers to plant crops, the mod let’s you know how much seeds and fertilizer that’s left in the tanks.
But not only that.
The mod also warns you if the helper is blocked by an object. Or when a vehicle has run out of fuel. Or even when it’s driven into water… I will say this mod is a must if you rely on helpers running your farm.
What I really like about this mod, is the customization possibilities. Do you think the text is too small? Just enlarge it. Does the mod show too much information? Adjust it so it only shows the information you would like to see.
This is how you do it (be sure to have Notepad++ or another software that handles XML files):
- Save and quit the game. Open a file explorer.
- Go to:
- Open the file called:
Now you can start tweaking the mod and its appearance to your liking.
Oh, and remember to save the file before you fire up the game again to enjoy your tweaks.
Who’ll benefit from the Vehicle Inspector mod?
I would say everyone who uses hired helpers. If you’re a solo farmer, you really won’t need it. Then it’s better to not install and activate it. Because each script you put inside the game, will affect the game’s performance.
Mod Creators: HappyLooser
- Platform: PC
- Multiplayer Ready: Not tested
- File Size: 27,8 KB
You can download this mod from HappyLooser on Modhoster.